Do you know the benefits of chewing sugarless gum? If not, you are in the right place! There are more benefits to chewing sugarless gum than the simple fact there is no sugar. Having sugarless gum to chew on can improve your oral health in many various ways.
Our dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Falduto, is excited to help you with your oral health care needs. Additionally, our team at Jeffrey Falduto in Lincoln Park, New Jersey, is excited to share insight with you on the benefits of sugar-free gum.
Here is a list of new benefits sugar-free gum has to offer:
– Gum with sugar in it can stick to your teeth causing dental damage and tooth decay to your oral health and smile.
– The creation of saliva neutralizes acids produced by bacteria and offers disease-fighting substances in your mouth.
– Sugarless gum is not ever to be considered a replacement for brushing or flossing your teeth each day.
– Chewing sugarless gum for at least twenty minutes after a meal can lower the chance of cavities while improving saliva production at the same time.
– Sugarless gum is calm on your teeth and can help clean them without the use of abrasive products that can harm or damage your tooth enamel.
– Heartburn can be reduced with sugarless gum because it can lower the acids in your esophagus that can damage your teeth and creates heartburn.
With benefits like these, it’s easy to choose a sugar-free gum to chew on at the store. If you have questions about your smile, or if you would like a dental cleaning, please call us today at 973.696.4200 to make an appointment, our dental team is happy to help you with your oral health care needs and any questions you may have about your care.